Melanie Leyva
English 114B
The place that I would choose to call home if I had the choice would be Los Angeles, CA. Even though there are crowds of people and traffic that no one wants to drive in, it is home. I am a person who likes to stick to what I know about a place. Adventures are nice but not always what you expect them to be. Living in Los Angeles I get to experience going to the beach on a warm summer day, enjoy watching competitive sports at Dodger Stadium or the Staples Center, and go to Hollywood to watch musical performances at the House Of Blues. What more could you want from a home?
Going to the beach on a hot summer day and feeling the golden sand in between my toes feels amazing. Then walking along the blue ocean water is such a sight to see and gives me goosebumps because the water is cold. (I love that feeling.) Days like these are best to spend with family and friends to just enjoy life. A day where you can be calm and relaxed while laying on the sand with a neon colored towel, tanning.
When baseball season comes along getting tickets to a Dodger game and buying a Dodger dog with extra relish, mustard, and ketchup. Watching the sports I enjoy and the players who are even better. Sitting on the blue hard seats end up being worth it if the Dodgers win. It is a way better feel than watching the game on television and sitting on the couch. At the games usually you see about three-fourths of the people there in blue and white representing the home team. Also people with their bodies painted. In my opinion those are considered die hard fans.
In Los Angeles you already know that when basketball season starts its lakers all the way. People in your neighborhood, at school, and just about everywhere supporting the colors purple and gold. By wearing the jerseys of their favorite player or just the different merchandise like sweaters, phone cases, etc. The excitement and competitive faces when the game starts. The smiles and yells when the Lakers get a point. On the other hand getting all serious and into the game when they are not doing so well. But whatever sport you watch you can achieve this bond with someone you do not even know just through similarity. Like a friend of the family or someone completely random.
Hollywood is another place that makes Los Angeles home. Where you can meet actors and musicians by walking around Hollywood. A place where I love to go is the House Of Blues. That is where I get to watch bands that are simply the best to me. For example the Horrorpops, Nekromantix, and Gambler's Mark. The genres of these bands is Rockabilly. But that is not all there is at the House Of Blues. The genre varies but you are always satisfied. When I get in to see a band I have to weasel my way through like a rat trying to go into a small hole. Think like a rock and stand your ground because with bands like these there are mosh and ska pits. Which involve pushing around and dancing. (All in good fun of course.) Sometimes I feel like I am on a ship going across the ocean because if all the back and forth movements. The music plays super loud and by the end of the night all you here is a high pitched tone or white noise.
Los Angeles is somewhere I can call home because no matter where i go i have family. A fmaily member does not necessarily have to mean someone related by blood. It can also mean someone you can relate to because of common interests. Throughout my life I have gone to the beach and gotten those nasty lobster looking sunburns, farmers tans from Dodger Stadium, and not being able to hear because of the loud music at the House Of Blues. In the end it was all worth it because I had fun. These three places are my home away from home. I would not choose anywhere else to call home. I love Los Angeles just as much as the family I have in it. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment